Saturday, May 15, 2010

What's on my feet?

This is what got me thinking today--what is on my feet and why do you care? I am an avid chaco wearer, as I am sure of it that there are hundreds out there, and I constantly get flank from my family and friends about wearing them as much as I do. I wore them to church Easter sunday with a lovely dress (I was not dressed like a rag-a-muffin) and I am STILL not hearing the end of it. Why would God care what shoes are on my feet as long as I am in church? This is what I have a hard time with. One may say that I am not showing respect but I show up, give God my attention and meditation. I do not understand what could be more respectful about that?
Others have told me that I should "grow up" and stop wearing them. I am old enough to realize that they will not be worn to a job on a daily basis, nor did I wear them to my sister's graduation today. However, I do not understand why people will not get off of my case about this. Yes it may sound trivial but this made me think today so I am going to talk about it.
My favorite verse, 1 Samuel 16:7, which in blair language reads: "Man looks at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart." I'm in church, I'm living, learning and loving.
1st step that I am going to take this summer: stop criticizing, laughing at, or pondering people's clothing.
I know that I might sound crazy or something by saying something so materialistic but small steps and changes lead to bigger ones.
Big step for the summer: etsy shop. If it is even a good idea...which I think that it is!

Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment