Friday, May 21, 2010

Pondering Ideas

Today I talked to one of my best friends and it amazed me because we are still so alike! We both have similar world views and ideas.
Thing that challenged me today: religion as a deal breaker.
I like to think that I would be open to marrying someone of a different religion, and part of me thinks that I still would be ok with it. However, I don't want to go to church by myself. Also, I do not want to fight over what to raise children. Does this make me a less open person? Or a practical one?

Another thing that I pondered: Jane Austin
I picked up a Jane Austin novel thinking that I should read the classic work. However, I cannot actually understand anything that she wrote. I struggled with sentence after sentence wondering why a college student of nearly 20 could not understand it. Does this mean that I am not well read? Or does this mean that I am not and will never be an "english person?"

A third thing that has bugged me today: Oil spill
WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN FIXED? I am sure that this is wayy beyond my understanding of anything but I feel like it should have been fixed by now. Maybe I'm naive, but I just think that something should have been done by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment