Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nice people

After a rough night of not sleeping and thinking the most refreshing thing happened this morning! My dad and I went to Waffle House, a after church tradition. When we walked in we were welcomed and introduced to a lovely older couple! Her name was Verna and she quickly began complimenting me and my dad. We all sat down to wait for a table and she began to tell us about how her and her husband had been married 60 YEARS and met at the Marist (a local school here) prom all those years ago. She raved about her husband, constantly complimenting him about how wonderful he is and has always been! I was overwhelmed with how nice she was and the beautiful story of her life love. I only wish and hope that each person is able to experience that in their life. I feel like today if a person is hopeful about the future it is seen as naive and unrealistic. People ask themselves why they should believe in life happiness and happy endings. Yes we are faced with horrible situations everyday that allow us to think this way. However, happiness exists in the world between people. I am 100% sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment