Friday, May 14, 2010

Spent today with family

Well, nothing really stood out to me today in terms of challenge or thinking but it was a beautiful day of sorts. My sister is graduating from high school tomorrow and we have family in town, family who I rarely see in some cases. I find it both beautiful and stressful to see them, which seems to me that those two should not go together. I find it beautiful because I can sit in the kitchen and watch the news with my granddad, talk with my aunt and mom, and then go and play rock band with my cousins, sister, dad, and uncle. I also realized how much I laugh when everyone is together. I had the hiccups tonight and I could not hold my breath because I kept bursting out laughing! I think that is a good thing. Actually, I know that is a good thing. Laughing is such a great way to connect with people. A smile is one of the few universal facial expressions that everyone understands.
When I look at my face and see already the wrinkles that are forming by my eyes, and cheeks I wonder if that is a bad thing. I am about 20 years old, this should be seen as a bad thing. However, I believe that it is good, as the wrinkles are smile lines.
I hope that when I am old I have lots of smile lines and just as much as a "crackle" (as we call it in my house) laugh as I do now.
Well, now I am thinking and I am thinking about laughing. Maybe that is seen as naive or immature but I see it as a bridge. Call me eight years old, which lord knows sometimes I believe that I am eight, but laughter is important. Not just laughing, but smiling.

"Smile and people will wonder what you have been up to"

I am so grateful for my family coming together to celebrate my sister. I could not be more proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment